I have ridiculed both Darrell and brother Michael in the past, but when I read what Darrell had to say about Junior when he jumped into Kyle Bush's #5 Kellogg's car the last nine laps of the Texas race, I changed my attitude. Here is what he had to say"
"I'm proud of Dale Jr. He's my hero. His father and I fought tooth and nail, week in and week out, but we respected each other. Dale Jr. saw that respect. He went to military school. He has an incredibly great education, and he's an incredibly intelligent young man. I just tip my hat because he didn't run and say, 'Sorry, get somebody else.' Another race team asked him for help, and he was there to give it to them. Way to go, Junebug. You're the man."
For you Dale Earnhardt Jr. fans out there...does that not give you goosebumps?
3 comments:
It helps me to be a Darrell Waltrip fan too.
..
Did you know "Waltrip [age 12] and his father built a 1936 Chevrolet coupe and headed to a local dirt track near their Owensboro, Kentucky home." More at:
http://grantwcooper.com/olddw.html
..
Jim ~ No, I didn't know that, but I will check it out.
Junior is a stand up man. If DEI loses Junior, they have lost a hell of a lot more than a driver.
Post a Comment