Saturday, April 21, 2007

Like Taking Candy From A Baby

Another Cup driver won last night's Bashas' Supermarkets 200 Busch race...again. I have always felt that it's not right or fair that Cup guys stink up the Busch races. Not only do they take money away from Busch drivers/owners, they also take points away.

Granted, I am very guilty of watching Busch races because Cup guys are in them, but if they weren't then perhaps a few stars would be able to emerge from the Busch ranks. And that would give me impetus to watch just them. But right now, I couldn't even tell you of any rising stars. How the hell can they rise? They are being kept 'in their place' by bullying Cup drivers.

I was a happy cat when Junior emerged back in '98 and went on to win the Championship. He did it again in '99. Same thing when it was Martin Truex Jr. when he won back-to-back Championships not too long ago. It was fun to see them battle week in and week out to maintain their lead. Not any more.

Last year Kevin Harvick (Cup) ran away with the points lead. Every time I tuned in, it was to watch and see if a full-time Busch driver could perhaps win for a change. Or at least challenge him. (I am a Harvick fan.)

Well, here we are not quite three months into the season and already they are giving the Championship to Carl Edwards (Cup).

Can someone please tell me why this is allowed? And don't those Cup guys feel at least a little guilty when they stand in Victory Lane with all the accolades being heaped upon them? I guess not, because they keep doing it week after week.

(I know, I know...Junior runs Busch races too. But he only runs at selected tracks that he absolutely loves and also due to his love for the sport.)

3 comments:

Jim said...

Sounds good to me!
We used to hold our car back in the heat races--it could win them or come in second--because it was almost always a sure winner for the "B" Feature Race.
Was Jeff Gordon o.k. tonight? I just saw the beginning, the middle, and the last 12 laps. No problems with him there, I was cheering him on at the end!
..

Cheyenne said...

Who the heck is Jeff Gordon? Oh, you mean that whiner? Sorry, not one of his fans, or Johnson's. I hate it for the other guys when a Hendrick driver wins. Yuck. Double Yuck!

Oscar T. Grouch said...

Well the Bushwackers may drive better in the Cup race cause of the practice in the Busch race. MAY. not to sure though. Clint certainly did not do well in the Cup race after winning the Bushc race.