Tuesday, April 24, 2007

I Feel So Much Better Now

When I first laid eyes on Eddie Van Halen in this photo I wanted to run and hide. Really, he scared the bejeesus out of me. I couldn't imagine anyone of his stature letting themselves go as he did. I thought perhaps it was because of his breakup from Valerie Bertinelli.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
But then, she seems to be having problems too with her weight.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

When I saw Eddie during pre-race activities on Sunday, I wasn't sure who he was because I wasn't listening to the TV. Later, when I read more about it, I said to myself "Oh, so that's who that was. Wow!"

He got a haircut, had them lightened, and also got a new set of choppers. Glad to see him back amongst the living once again. (Rehab, you know.) Way to go, Eddie! Now, it's Valerie's turn.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

9 comments:

JUST A MOM said...

WOW ya know he really looks good now!!!! huuumm She just might take him back,,,They always made a great couple.

Tiredawg said...

Nice to see one of my guitar playin favs get it back together. Val still looks good with the xtra weight. Then again the whole anorexic thing baffles me anyways. I like a woman, not a toothpick with boobs.

Oscar T. Grouch said...

tiredawg I love you for saying that, I truly do.

I would not have known that was the same man.

little barbie doll is taking over from Kirstie Alley on the jenny craig thing.

Jim said...

Cheyenne, I don't think that second fellow is VahHalen Sr. He is still a mess, I think.
I didn't know his wife, they are mostly all too young for my type music likes. I like the sound of his 'Jump' but that's about the only one I could recognize.
..

Cheyenne said...

Just A Mom, yes he does look good. I'm glad he got it together and I hope he stays that way. Alcohol is such a monster.

Cheyenne said...

Tiredawg, I guess that's a good way to put it. I never understood anorexia either. Or bulimia, which is just as bad.

Cheyenne said...

Oscar, he does look different. Like day and night. He was such a looker back in the day; but I like this new model too.

Cheyenne said...

Jim, trust me, that is Eddie. And Valerie, now 47, has been around since her teens (One Day At A Time). Kind of hard not to know her, especially being married to Eddie for so long.

Rachel said...

I always liked Valerie! I saw her the other night on the TVLand Awards and she didn't look that big to me. Jenny Craig will take care of those 30 extra pounds!

Big difference in those 2 pictures of Eddie! Mercy, what a nice change!!