Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Grrooaann...

Yesterday's race? No comment...I am going into hibernation for awhile.

...well at least for four days till we cycle through again on Friday.

Hold it a minute! I do have a comment or two to make.

First of all my sincere congratulations go out to Martin Truex Jr., one of the good guys, for his first ever Cup win. (Notice I didn't say Nextel Cup win...sorry, I refuse to.) He's taking a lot of heat now because he'll be the top driver at DEI when Junior leaves, and some of Junior's fans (not the true ones) are a bit peeved at some of Truex's statements, along with his crew chief, Bono. The press keeps reminding him of that. It could get ugly if they keep pressing him, no pun intended there.

To Rick Hendrick: stick that in your pipe and smoke it; none of your "boys" won this CoT race. 'bout damn time.

Junior, Junior, Junior...how did you go from pacing the first practice to qualifying second and right into the dumpster during the race? Are you sure that was you driving that #8 car yesterday, or did you have someone fill in for you? Coulda fooled me. Geez, one flat under green was bad enough, but two? And then your engine decides to act up on top of all of that?

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Looks to me like ol' Teresa, the Ice Queen, is starting to get even already...she's seeing that Truex is getting the better equipment. It sure didn't take her long, now did it?

8 comments:

TalkGeorge said...

I like Truex, glad to see the win!

Busch needs to be parked!

Tiredawg said...

Props to Jersey Boy Martin. Don't worry, the "Ice Queen" will run Truex out too.

Cheyenne said...

vroom! ~ I am a huge fan of Martin Truex ever since he came on the scene. I saw back then great things for him and besides his back-to-back Busch championships, things will only be getting better for him now in Cup.

Cheyenne said...

tiredawg ~ I was kind of hoping he was going to leave, along with Junior, but I think he should stay put for now and see how far DEI will take him. At least he has his father to give him hugs and "job well done" in victory lane. Junior doesn't even have that. The Ice Queen couldn't be there for Jr.

Cassandra said...

Yeah! HMS didn't win! And I love to see someone get their first Cup win or first Busch win.
But it did suck for Junior.

Jim said...

I wouldn't like to be in Junior's shoes, last week or in general this year.
But he'll pull through.
..

Cheyenne said...

Babs ~ Glad to see you commenting again. Yes it did suck for Junior.

Cheyenne said...

Jim ~ He'll be ok, he always lands on his feet somehow or other. Besides, he has hordes of fans that have his back and appreciate him (unlike step-mommy dearest).