
Dale Jr. will be driving for Hendrick Motorsports in 2008. His contract will run for five years. His teammates will be Jeff Gordon, Jimmie Johnson and Casey Mears. I could say here to keep your friends close, your enemies closer but Junior is actually friends with all three, so that doesn't wash.
The number and sponsors have yet to be worked out over the next few months. I really am hoping that Budweiser is smart enough to stay with Junior. The #8 is another matter ~ step-mommy dearest knows how to be vindictive. He's had to deal with her since he was six years old.
What a difference in Junior from the day he announced he was leaving DEI ~ a complete turn around today. On May 10th he was so sad, but today all he did from the time he entered the stage was grin from ear to ear and it's so good to see him that happy. That's all that counts anyway.
Way to go Junior!
How do I feel? Well, since I've known where he was going for almost 24 hours prior to the conference, I have had ample time to digest all of it and come to terms with it. It's time for me to put my dislikes away, pull up my big girl pants, and support Junior just like I have all along.
11 comments:
He sure looked happy. Then again I would be too if I had to put up with the "Ice Queen".
Aren't we glad we didn't burn any bridges.
Jr. too! We all are pulling for you, Jr!
..
This was on the news quite a bit throughout the early morning hours. They talked about it in the news, the traffic report, and the sports sessions of one thirty minute news cast.
He does look happy.
Ralph
I'm still a bit in shock.
But just like with Matt at RFR racing... I don't like all the Rousch drivers.
But rooting for HMS still just seems so strange... maybe by next year I'll be ready.
Bill Cowher, Fast Cars and Super Cars, is ok for me tonight.
I still don't have a real favorite this year.
Even I read about this in the paper today!
Tiredawg ~ I would have kicked her to the curb years ago. Like someone said, I wouldn't spit on her if she was on fire.
Jim ~ Thanks for staying with him. Some fans are being turncoats. They can't seem to put their hatred away. No wonder we have wars.
Ralph ~ Hey, what can I say? He's news, even when he stubs a toe.
Babs ~ You don't have to root for HMS. Just Jr. He has his own team, they have their own teams. Separate entities. It works for me.
Rachel ~ Welcome to our little NASCAR world. Now that you know what is going on, try watching a race or two; you might like it.
Post a Comment