Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Junior Nation Needs Help

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

There's a campaign going on right now to get DEI to release the #8 so that Junior can drive it for the remainder of his career. It was his grandfather Ralph Earnhardt's number throughout his career, and it is the only number Junior has driven in his Cup career.

NASCAR owns the numbers issued to the owners. The owners cannot sell that number to another owner. I am presuming they can use it as bargaining power but I'm not sure how that works either. We doubt that NASCAR will step in to help the cause; therefore, this has to be generated and pushed by the Junior Nation. And as a representative I am asking for your help.

Once there are sufficient signatures on the petition it will then be presented to Teresa Earnhardt, current owner of Dale Earnhardt Inc. We are hoping she will relent and give it up, but we are not holding our breath. After all, we know how she can be, don't we?

10 comments:

TalkGeorge said...

Why would she not give him the #8? He's the reason it has value!

Tiredawg said...

Ice Ice Baby. that is how the Wicked Witch of N.C. rolls.

Oscar T. Grouch said...

I signed it, I am not a big Dale fan but it is just not right that he doesn't get it. Lets quit making Nascar look so bad.

Cheyenne said...

Vroom! Why? Because she doesn't want him to have it...or because she can...or because that's just the way she is...I really can't say why, it's just the nature of the beast is all.

Cheyenne said...

Tiredawg ~ You got that right!

Cheyenne said...

Oscar ~ We thank you very much...every signature counts.

Rachel said...

Okay, I signed it, but just for you Cheyenne!! There was almost 3,000 votes for it!!

Cheyenne said...

Rachel ~ 3,000? We haven't hit 1,800 yet...where the heck did you go and what did you sign?

Jim said...

I signed on the second link. I was # 60.
The first link got hi-jacked to another news site.
..

Cheyenne said...

Jim ! The first link works but I can't get anything on the second link. You may have gotten something wrong when you typed it in. I just went to the first link again with no problem.