Thursday, July 05, 2007

Daytona Racing

Dale Jr. will be driving this car in the Winn-Dixie 250 on Friday July 6th in the Busch series. He has relieved his driver, Shane Huffman, of driving duties under JR Motorsports for various reasons. Junior has always said he wanted to drive one of his own cars, and he now has that chance to see if it's the equipment or the driver.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Of all the fantasy cars out there on the 'net, I like this one the best. Mountain Dew supposedly is the front-runner for his main sponsor on the car. Try to imagine the 8 where the 5 is (wishful thinking there on my part). When I saw this rendition I instantly fell in love with it. This is exactly what I meant when I said I'd like to see him in a black car.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

7 comments:

Jim said...

It's a pretty car but there is too much green on it for me.
Do you remember when green cars were unlucky?
Back in the 50s they were unlucky but I don't know when they became popular.
I believe British racing green has always been ok for sports cars, especially British ones.
..

Cheyenne said...

Green cars were and still are unlucky in open wheel. Not so much in NASCAR and other venues. J J Yeley's car is mostly green (#18 Interstate Batteries), so it can't be that bad. I love the look of this fantasy car.

Tiredawg said...

I like that look. Nice paint scheme. O nly problem I have is< I wanted to see him stay Budweiser.

Miki said...

Glad to see that things are "back to normal" at your home! Hope all is going welll and that green becomes
LUCKY" for your guy!

Cheyenne said...

Tiredawg ~ Yes of course I want Bud to stay too. This is just in case Bud leaves to show how it might look if it were Mt. Dew.

Cheyenne said...

Miki ~ Hey, thanks. Yup things are back to normal, somewhat.

Oscar T. Grouch said...

reminds me of kyles old mello yellow ride.

the five will always be labonte to me.