For almost one year, I have had to rely on that high-priced insurance, even if it wasn't the best choice I made at the time. With a $750 deductible (which must be met before they pay one red cent toward anything), and a person like me who goes to the doctor maybe two to three times a year just to check my blood pressure, I would have been better off not having any insurance coverage at all. Sorry, another long sentence.

I am of the mindframe that, if I didn't have insurance, then surely something bad would happen to me and I would be sorry if I needed it after all. And so I made my choice to have coverage.
Well, I just made the last high premium payment and relief is finally in sight. I am paid till August 31st and then I get to choose a better policy with a much lower premium. With the insurance I have now, I will have paid over $3500 just for the premiums alone. Add to that the full cost of each doctor visit and it becomes one big OUCH! That money would pay for a nice trip, or anything else that would bring fond memories. Needless to say, I have not scheduled any tests because I would have to pay for everything.
Bottom line is, if I would have to continue paying that high premium year after year, I truly think I would consider moving far, far away from this country that allows the health community to continually rob from its inhabitants.
2 comments:
Be happy you can pay the premiums. We can't. So anything that happens comes out of my pocket. Thank God Wifey and Tire Pups are very healthy. BTW, how's your other half feeling. I hope he is up to cruisin the Stangs. Peace, Dawg
so my $44 dollars a month for Alberta Health Care giving me access to medical care with not much extra billing is awesome right? Until you realize that the emergency MRI ordered in February just happened in July. I feel for the US and your medical system, but ours needs help too.
Post a Comment