Monday, July 02, 2007

It's A Holiday Week!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

This is the week I always took as one of my vacation weeks, and then I'd save the holiday for a Friday to watch qualifying. I used to get 15 days of vacation and it was always fun choosing when I wanted to use them throughout the year.

This year with the holiday falling smack dab in the middle of the week is kind of weird. Which weekend do you celebrate? Or do you just celebrate on the actual day and be done with it? Decisions, decisions. One of our neighbors had their picnic yesterday and we had to decline their invitation as my husband is still gaining back his strength. (And I am on a very low fat diet.)

Since this is a holiday week and a lot of people take the entire week off, I probably won't be posting as usual until next week; unless I get highly motivated by something that I must absolutely have to write about.

Here is some NASCAR-related thoughts:

For now, I am keeping an eye on the possible penalties for the #5 car of Kyle Busch and the #70 car of Johnny Sauter. NASCAR will be diving into uncharted waters with both these infractions, if that's what they turn out to be. As of now, they aren't sure if what happened to both cars was caused during the race. Penalties are handed out late Tuesday ~ a lot of times after 5 PM. I am very curious to see what they come up with, since both cars were sent to NASCAR's Research and Development center.

Of course there's still a lot of speculation surrounding Junior and his sponsor for next year. And the Free the 8 campaign has really taken off and gained national notoriety. Junior has said that if he doesn't get the 8 for next year that he and Rick have come up with some neat numbers to use instead.

Although I love seeing the red Bud machine, in the back of my mind I guess I am ready for something entirely new. I have always been against Junior driving the #3, but I would love to see him in a black car. Not because his father drove a black car, but because they just stand out and command attention (depending on who is driving it).

So for now, have a wonderful holiday and I'll be back next Sunday with a new scripture and we'll take it from there.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

2 comments:

Jim said...

Our car was # 88, but 88 belongs to Ricky Rudd's car. We will keep pulling for # 8.
..

Tiredawg said...

Well you and Hubby have a gr8 fourth and look mdown our way. Wifey says I went gaga with the fireworx. I spent over 300 on them Worx out, my buddy wholesales the "good" fireworx. So 300 is like getting 500. Have a safe time.