So here I sit on a Saturday afternoon without a weekend of NASCAR. Oh there will be racing Sunday, but it's only the Nationwide series in Mexico. I will be watching because Junior's #88 Navy car driven by Brad Keselowski will be competing.
The unbelievable part of my blog for today? I would never have thought that at this time in my life that I would see 86 deg. on April 19th and gas that cost $3.40 per gallon. $60.00 for 17.5 freakin' gallons. Pure highway robbery.
I try to combat high prices elsewhere, so I went to the post office and bought a bunch of those Forever stamps. The price of stamps will be going up a penny on May 12th, I believe. But I can use my Forever stamp and not have to add any more stamps to whatever I'm mailing. As a matter of fact, the price of stamps can go up ten times, and my Forever stamp will be enough to mail whatever I have. (Regular mail, that is.)
I don't use that many stamps but I think I will be getting more of those Forever stamps. I saved a whopping forty cents today by buying them. Gosh, if I bought enough over time, think of the savings. No matter whether I use them in my lifetime, it's the savings that counts, right?
What? Oh, excuse me...they caught me red-handed typing away and I have to go back to my "other home."
2 comments:
Didn't postage just go up??? Good grief!
Yes, Chas, postage is going up another penny on May 12th. So buy those Forever stamps now at 41 cents because they can be used no matter how high the postage goes without having to add more to them.
Post a Comment