Moving on, I was elated when Fantasia won, as she was the only one I have ever voted for before or since. Taylor Hicks? American Idol? Hardly. No one seems to know where he is either. And when Chris Daughtry left long before winning, well I thought that was ridiculous. All his voters must have been out to lunch. He has gone on to make a name for himself. He should have won it that year. And last year's Jordin Sparks did nothing for me as a singer either.
So let's fast forward to this year. When I first laid eyes on Michael Johns, I thought to myself Wow! That's some specimen. He had the looks and he could sing. He is from Australia. I like Australian men, especially their accents (and a few other things too). He is 29 and has been in the United States since he was 18. Feast your eyes on this awhile:

So I decided that I would follow him as each week went by. And he was always in the top, never in the bottom three. So, when I fully expected one of three other people to be sent packing, I never thought it would be Michael. But it was Michael. I was stunned. And I have since found out that a lot of other people were just as stunned. They say the audience went silent, as if they were waiting for the punch line. But it never came. I didn't notice the silence because I felt like I had been gut-punched. I still do. What really ticked me off was the fact that during last year's "Idol Gives Back" week, AI went through the motions of someone going home, but they decided no one would because it wouldn't be right when they were trying to "give back." But this year that went right out the window. Double gut-punch.
The way Ryan Seacrest handled the situation didn't help. He was downright obnoxious in his delivery of the result. He supposedly has apologized since (to the public but not to Michael). Not good enough for me. It doesn't bring Michael back. Ryan's excuse was he is told by the producers to make the bottom three believe they are staying and then send one packing.
And as far as I am concerned, it is my belief that those three so-called judges know how to manipulate the voting public. Just by their reactions, their actions, and the way they talk...tells me that they sway voters. I don't give any of them credit as a judge; they are entertainers and they just want to be heard. It's an ego thing. AI needs to think of a different way to handle the voting, because what we have now leaves much to be desired.
I didn't watch the show Tuesday or Wednesday last week and I won't be watching it for the remainder of this season. When I vowed not to watch it this year, I meant it. I...will...not...watch...American...Idol...anymore. Period.
I can only hope Michael Johns will go on to bigger and better things. I will be first in line when his CD comes out. And it can't be too soon to suit me.
Now, about that David Archuleta that everyone is so hot to trot over...he is a ringer and will probably win the title. I remember when he won the title of Junior Singers on Star Search back in 2003 when he was all of twelve years old. I didn't like him then, either. Yeah, I know...sour grapes.
12 comments:
I am with ya. Seems like this year it is a bit "rigged". The bs must be to get ratings and make the "public" think they are controlling it.
Eliminate multiple voting so tweens with no taste and no lives can't text-vote 300x for that ghey mormon kid with the abusive stage-daddy.
Michael will be just fine. He's got an amazing voice and he is STUNNING. That's a recipe for success. I was really angry when he got voted off because it was a bunch of crap, but I think he's better off now. He's in the news more than any of the people still on the show! Oh, and just to warn you, if he ever dumps his wife, he's mine. :)
As for Ruben, unfortunately we all hear from him every week. He sings that version of "Celebrate Me Home" that accompanies every eliminated Idol's video package. Blah. The Daughtry song was much better.
Tiredawg ~ Rigged isn't the word for it. Well, maybe it is. I say the judges need to be replaced because they are getting things all wrong. Not to mention the fact that Paula says nothing substantial and drools over the males.
the troll ~ thanks for leaving a comment. I really think voting should be limited to one vote per person per week.
beckeye ~ thanks for leaving a comment. I know Michael will land on his feet, that doesn't worry me. What upset me the most is that he went way too soon and I didn't like the way it was handled for the sake of TV ratings.
I haven't watched this season. I didn't watch last season either.
I loved Kelly Clarkson and was behind her from the beginning...I still like her actually. I was also hoping for Clay Aiken to win, but he's been pretty successful regardless. I wasn't a fan of Fantasia AT ALL. I LOVED Chris Daughtry and am so glad he's been a success on his own. Also, Carrie Underwood...she's awesome.
So, I can't really say that I'm a fan of Michael's, but you never know...he could be the next Chris Daughtry!
50/50 so far.
I love Kelly Clarkson, she is a local Okie made good! I doubt if she will be a 'bad girl' ever like so many.
This year I'm pulling for the CW type singer that just barely stays on. You see what a big fan I am as I don't even know her name (Little Girl, What's Your Name?).
So struck out here.
Now, Danica Patrick keeps getting more and more of my respect! And she has made THE LIST. Way to go girl!!!
Guess this evened it out. If you'd leave entertainment alone the match score would go up.
I don't follow professional wrestling anymore, where do you stand on that?
Oh yes, we are back. From time to time we will have Ireland and NYC stuff on the blog. For now from Billy there is Mrs. Jim taking a YouTube golf swing and a few NYC pictures by me.
..
Chas ~ If you have the time go to YouTube and watch some of Michael singing on Idol this year. They all give me goosebumps when I listen. He's just that good!
Jim ~ I thought Kelly was from Texas. Or is that where she auditioned? I think you were following Kristy Cook, and she's gone now.
How did you get on the subject of wrestling? It's all choreographed and so fake. I don't watch that at all.
This is why I don't watch that show! It just makes me angry!! I have watched bits and pieces of it here and there but never followed it. I do like Kelly Clarkson and loved the duet she did with Reba. That John Michaels is a good looking guy!!
The only reality shows I watch are the racing broadcasts and Ghost Hunters. I don't even like pop music, so I have never even watched American Idol.
Post a Comment