I wanted to get this posted shortly after our visit, but like a lot of things around here, I forgot. And then my daughter reminded me that she was still waiting for my post. So without further adieu, here it is.
I don't know why this first photo is so dark. I probably used the wrong setting on my camera. It was the first picture I took soon after arriving there and I was probably not thinking of what I was doing. Nothing new there.

I got a good laugh out of this food stand. An Amish boy selling Lattes. I know he's probably not Amish and he has to dress the part to make it look good. It just tickled my funny bone. Sort of like an oxymoron.

It wasn't a picture-perfect day, there wasn't any sun, and we had light rain at times. But we were there and tried to make the best of it. This next picture doesn't even come near to what we saw and experienced with the naked eye. It was like a mini cyclone whipped through and it lasted almost five minutes. The kites on the left met their match with that wind. I was waiting for a few animals to fly by as I stood behind a telephone pole.

Ahhhhh, truth be old, this is what I really came to see. Hand made quilts. I am a quilt-o-holic. I have yet to find a quilt I don't like. This is a distelfink bird. The distelfink bird was the good luck and happiness bird of the early Pennsylvania German settlers. The bird is actually a goldfinch. Of all the quilts there, this one was my favorite. This picture does not do justice to this quilt. But if you make it larger you might be able to see the details better.

Pick a quilt, any quilt...I think I'll take them all. These hand made quilts do not come cheap either. I think they are priced by the amount of thread used if I remember correctly. The small ones that are crib size average out to around $300 to $400. The larger ones were anywhere from $600 on up to $1,000 or more. Yeah, that's what I said too. But they are worth every penny because they are like a work of art.

Another one of my favorites:

There was a petting zoo for the children. Just look at these sweet baby bunnies. I wanted to take every one home with me. A certain person said no.

I thought you might be interested in this:

And so ended another trip to the folk festival. I guess it will be another few years before we go out there again. I don't know if I can stay away from all those quilts that long.
3 comments:
I love quilts too, and enjoy the history behind them. The baby bunnies grow far to fast.
Looks and sounds like you had a great day. I bet you go back next year - for quilts if nothin else.
Ralph
Cheyenne, the old *** might have let you take two rabbits. Sometimes that is enough, depending on their s*x.
I don't think the first is the camera, more than likely this is the cause, "not a picture-perfect day, there wasn't any sun, and we had light rain at times."
I am glad Dakota is doing good. You had us worried right along with you.
..
Post a Comment