Without telling you the years it's been since I was last there, let's just say it was a very long time ago and leave it at that. I did revisit it once between then and now when the Jeep hill-climbing club I belonged to had their picnic there. It was still a small amusement park at that time.
I snapped this photo on our way into the park as we were leaving the parking area. Most of the people were either at the eating stands in another section or they were waiting in line with their children for armbands for the rides. We were told the first 100 kids got armbands for free rides all day.

We had no idea The Flying Fuzz would be there. He is a former policeman and a very good friend of my husband's. He and his son race these bikes. I wanted to get a better picture from a different angle but people kept getting in my way, so I snapped what I could when I could. I would have preferred to get his bike trailer in the picture, but I got the bus instead and it's not his. They wanted blood.

And this is the food area. This is where we spent the majority of our time while there. As we ate there was plenty of entertainment. We are people watchers and some of them can be downright funny.

We stayed about two hours because we had been in and out of all the tents, we had enough to eat, and it was time to head home and take care of all our cats. Before we left I took this picture of the trees and sky for no particular reason. It was a gorgeous day. Not too hot with a nice breeze flowing through the park.
I was eight years old when we moved away from that area. I can't remember if my parents ever took us back once we moved away. I always loved that little park. So when I saw an advertisement a few weeks ago for the 18th annual country fair being held there, I told my husband I would like to go and try to revisit my childhood. It's hard trying to reconnect with a creek. I just could not remember what it looked like and that left me a little sad. But we did have a good time regardless of my lack of brain cells. Although I must say, just driving around that area brought back other memories and I was OK with that.
3 comments:
What a nice trip down memory lane. Those memories can be bittersweet. Beautiful post.
Glad you enjoyed that. Most times since things are the same we feel the saying 'you can't go back applies.'
I am sorry for Dakota Sioux. I do hope she has a full recovery. She is a nice cat and doesn't deserve that.
..
It's always good to go back to the places we remember as a child. It's sad though for things are not always like they were. At least for me is it.
Love your picture of the clouds!
Post a Comment