Thursday, July 23, 2009

Dakota's Fine!

Remember this picture from a couple days ago showing her polyp?

Here she is a few days after the operation. It's gone. The ear is a little red due to the drops she is still getting. She has two more days on her pill for the infection. She had two different infections with inflammation. She is almost back to 100%.

I received a call this morning from the vet that did her operation and was told the lump in her ear was a polyp. Not a tumor, not a cancerous growth, just a plain and simple polyp which sprang up from the infection(s) she had.

We are very happy to get our little girl back. She is more playful, more cheerful, more loving, and most importantly, more healthy.

Finally, one little story about when we brought her home after the operation. She had to stay overnight so she was gone almost 48 hours. When we got home, her brother was nowhere to be found. In other words, he found another hiding place to take his afternoon siesta. I took Dakota out of her carry case and set her down on the floor. She frantically started calling for her brother (rather loudly) and walked around looking for him as she did. Within less than a few minutes he was at her side. They pressed noses together, she as if to say I'm home, he as if to say I missed you.

Junior then went back to sleep somewhere and Dakota happily settled down for a nap too. I am so thankful for her biopsy results. The vet said that she should not have any more problems with another polyp growing in her ear. But we have to be watchful and keep her ears clean so it doesn't happen again.

2 comments:

Peruby said...

Glad it wasn't serious.

Cute how they had to say hello to one another and then went on about their business.

Rachel said...

Hoorah!! I'm glad that all turned out to be good news!! She will feel so much better now!