Tuesday, August 24, 2010

I Never Tire Watching Deer

These deer were spotted when we were on our way home. Their habitat is not too far from our house. As far back as I can remember (and that's really, really far, folks), I have always been overjoyed seeing deer along the roads we travelled. Nowadays when we spy them we stop and watch. See the little one? Ain't it cute?

The photos are grainy because I used a zoom lens and zoomed farther than I should have. My zoom lens is built in and it goes up to 20x; however, I can zoom farther but then I lose quality. With these shots, I just wanted to bring them in as close as I could without compromising the shot.

For the life of me, I cannot comprehend how or why people want to shoot these beautiful animals. There is enough meat in stores on every corner, and I know some people like it because basically there's no fat and it is healthier, but come on people...they never did anything to you, why do you want to kill them?

I come from a strong hunting background and from the time I could understand just exactly what it was my father was doing when we ate venison, pheasant, rabbit, etc., I made a decision: I would never, ever marry a hunter. Two out of two ain't bad, so I have kept my promise to myself.

No comments: