Here we are in the dead of winter and after all my whining about hibernating I still haven't done so. And yet I have gained weight over the holidays. A year ago I started my diet before Thanksgiving and kept it up till well after they were over, and I was able to not only take off weight but not even gain an ounce during the entire time. This time I threw caution to the wind and now I am in a situation I do not like. It's called weight gain. And I don't like it one teeny tiny bit. And if I could reach my a$$ I would kick me into next week. But you know, a person can be on one diet after another all their life and it gets to be a tad sickening after awhile. I am so weary of it. My epitaph should read: She had her ups and downs
On another note, the storm door we went shopping for last Saturday is hanging in its proper place. However, Murphy's Law followed us on that one, too. Nothing we do ever goes right. Everything is always such a challenge. We either have a part or two missing or something doesn't go right and in this case, we ended up with a tiny gap at the lower half of the door by the frame. Back to the drawing board husband must go. He knows what he has to do plus the factory is sending some strikers to replace the ones that are incorrect. This storm door is a security door in that it has a locking handle plus two latches (upper and lower) and it comes with a $1000 break-in warranty just for that reason. Now all we have to do is get it straight. It's always something around here. Never a dull moment when we have a project going.
The weather outside is very frightful. It has been a heck of a dull and dreary day. First we are getting snow (3-6" I think), then the rain comes bringing with it ice like in the frozen Tundra, and when the temperature rises, the rain is supposed to wash everything away. I think. I can't remember for certain how it will be wreaking havoc on us, but wreak havoc it will. Ho-hum, I am ready for it.
I just did a quick spell check and it told me no misspellings were found. Wow, that's a first. I took typing in school but I sat in the back row so I never learned the proper way to type. And yet I can keep up with the best of them. My forte was shorthand. I won all kinds of awards for being fast. The funny thing is, you can take shorthand as fast as lightning...it's the transcribing that wrinkled many a brow. I mean, you can jot those little symbols down lickety-split but if you can't read them then what you wrote doesn't mean anything. I still use that form of writing to this day, especially when I'm in a hurry.
And those are my thoughts for the day. Only because I was due to write something and I had no idea what to write about.
1 comment:
Typing was a breeze for me, I never took short hand. I saw my friend jot some down and it looked like complete gibberish to me. That word is spelled with a "g"? Really? I always thought it was spelled with a "j"!
Post a Comment