Friday, April 13, 2012

Blogger Hijacked Me

I was all ready to put up something new on here when I spied a little tag that said I should update.  I made the mistake of clicking on it.  Good Lord, it told me my browser no longer supported Blogger and it wouldn't work, probably.  Well, they were right.  I never learn.  The fact that they said something new was coming in April is what drew me into their sticky web.  Stupid, stupid me.

Luckily this is working with my Firefox browser.  The notice also told me I could download Chrome and then things would be OK.  I had Chrome once before and didn't like it.  Also, I need to keep Internet Explorer for obvious reasons.  I don't want three browsers. 

When this all took place it was like watching my life flash before my eyes.  I felt like I had lost contact with the outside world and I would no longer be able to post anything.  I felt like my readers (what few I have) would think something happened to me.  And I am not liking this one bit.  

I sincerely hope this new fan-dangled thing is going to work and not give me any problems now or in the future.  I do not like change.  I do not believe in messing with something that has been working.  It's just not my nature.  The devil made me click on that update button.  See what happens when you jump into the den of iniquity?  

I always have to learn my lesson the hard way...

5 comments:

Jim said...

I'll be watching, Cheyenne. I don't want to update as seen by me still using the Old Blogger on my two main blogs.

I saw what you saw and dread what might happen. I always turn down Google Chrome although they try to sneak in a change order real hard.

Mrs. Jim and I were also alone for Easter. We went to church, had to sit in the balcony on the front row, very cramped, because we were late.
Then we ate at Lupe Tortilla's Mexican Restaurant and came home to watch Buba Watson win the Masters Golf Tournament.
..

Grandma K said...

You are preaching to the choir here!!! I seem to jump too early, and I always pay for it!

Rachel said...

I'll have to be on the alert too. I am like you and hate changing things. If it ain't broke I don't believe in fixing it!

Cheyenne said...

Jim, Grandma K, Rachel: I just wish I was not so quick on the draw. I do that a lot and in this case I thought I would be able to at least have a choice but once you hit that update you step into Hades. I hope I can get used to it and finagle my way around between the two browsers that I have.

Marti said...

Eeek, I'll watch out for that update tag. I thought I lost everything a year or so ago when I clicked on some kind of blogger update.