As many of you will remember out there, I requested someone to buy this for me for Christmas. Nobody stepped forward so we took matters into our own hands.
My quest started late last year, maybe around October. My husband wanted to go look at the bikes at a certain H-D dealer that recently changed hands. When we got there they had a red trike on the floor and it was quite a beauty. Literally breathtaking...but a little too rich for my pocketbook. We looked, chatted and left. Of course I left my phone number with them for when the blue one came in so we could see it and make some kind of decision then. Eventually they called us about the blue one, but at that time I had made up my mind that if I did get a trike, it would be black.
After the passing of a few weeks, the purchase of a trike was out of my head; too many other things were getting in the way of a purchase that expensive. Christmas came and Christmas went and by February we got another call telling us the black one came in, did we want to look at it? I told them that is the only color I would consider buying and added I wanted to wait till the weather got a little warmer before we would be back up. Anything to delay having to go and talk to them again. As much as I wanted a trike I didn't feel like parting with that much cash.
Meanwhile we got a notice about our taxes going up across the board for 2013, and after finding out exactly how much due to a reassessment by the county, I again said no bike, and ended up talking myself out of purchasing this trike yet once again. And that went on for a few weeks...back and forth, back and forth...till finally one day I had had enough.
Finally, I gave myself a good talking to, and the main idea I had was taxes or no taxes...I will not let them stop me from doing what I want and enjoying what time we have left. One never knows when their last day on earth will be. So if you have something you want to do just do it and don't ever look back.
Here it is just after bringing it home:
(Note to Peruby: I know you guessed a bike, but this is not a bike ~ it's a trike.)
2 comments:
I love it! I still want a hover craft, but oh , well.
This was a fun guessing game!
Congratulations. It's a beauty.
Post a Comment