Here we go again.
When I go outside to feed the cats in the morning and again in the early evening, by the time I am finished doing everything that needs to be done, the sweat pours down my face. And all I can think of is getting back inside to the air conditioning. It's such a wonderful feeling.
And it's fair to say that I will be staying home through the weekend. On days like this, it's where I am the happiest. And on most other days too. And how do I entertain myself when I stay at home? Besides the normal housework ? This week and next I will be watching as much of the Olympics that I can. But this weekend, Friday through Sunday, I tune in to NASCAR. The boys are racing at our home track in Pocono, PA, this weekend. Not one of my favorite tracks, but it's racing.
To take away from some of the boredom that the TV analysts throw at us during a race, I listen to it on the radio while watching it on TV. The guys on the radio make the race so much more colorful and exciting. Recently my AM/FM headset has been acting wonky and there has been quite a bit of static. And the darn thing works better in some parts of the house than the other, but you know that it would not work when I am in my recliner. Plus, I have to hold my head a certain way for it to work best. I had a difficult time replacing it, but I did find one at R*dio Sh*ck and it was on sale $15 less than the regular price. That was a nice surprise.
And speaking of the Olympics...congratulations to the five American gymnasts for their gold medal. Also, congrats to Gabby Douglas for her individual all-around gold medal in gymnastics. And who can forget what Michael Phelps has done over the past eight years. Incredible. Will anyone ever do better as far as winning more medals than Michael? It's possible, but I doubt I will see it in my lifetime.
I have looked forward to the games, including the Winter games, ever since I can remember and it seems as fast as they get started, that's how fast they fly by and soon we are watching the closing ceremonies. So I watch as much as I can. What can I say? I'm a sports nut. Except basketball...don't even get me started on that sport. In high school I had to endure the basketball games because I was in the band and we were required to be there to play. And of course we can't forget March Madness. Yes, it drives me mad when basketball takes over the channel I watch most shows on, which is CBS. I wish they would broadcast those games on a sports channel where they belong.

2 comments:
I really hope your heat wave breaks soon. Enjoy your racing and the Olympics!
Hi Cheyenne ~~ What did people do before TV? Sounds like you are making the most of yours.
..
Post a Comment