Thursday, August 16, 2012

This Is So Much Better

Yes, it is so much better when one does the right thing in the right place.  I don't know where my  head was when I posted using the wrong browser.  I really should know better.  

I saw a sign the other day while on our way to the grocery store.  It read:

YOU THINK HEALTH CARE IS EXPENSIVE NOW, WAIT TILL IT'S FREE

And I thought to myself, well that is precisely the wording I have been trying to form in my mind but was too angry to make it work.  I hate what this country is coming to and also what it has become.  I am not going to pussyfoot around...I am neither Democrat or Republican so I can say what I am going to say without feeling one bit guilty.  I do not like our current leader.  I pray to God he does not get elected again.  He has hidden so much from the American public and I have always felt he came riding in on the back of a wagon and sold the people snake oil convincing them it was good for them. 

I am a Christian first and foremost.  This country was founded on Christian beliefs and principles and has been guided by such until 2008.  Now it just seems as if we are going to hell in a hand basket.  Hopefully that can be stopped.

People are nasty to one another, they are killing for no reason whatsoever, the younger generation is mostly disrespectful to anyone older than they are, the schools are not teaching manners or anything else that really matters.  I shudder to think what this country will be like in another 50 years, especially if it keeps on the path it is now.  

I read and re-read this post a couple times and each time I sat here thinking whether I should hit the publish button or not.  There are many more things I would love to add to this, but I need to bite my tongue.  I do not mean to offend anyone as this is my opinion and everyone has a right to their opinions.  

 

3 comments:

Peruby said...

I have a good friend with the exact same thoughts as you. I do not agree with everything you say, but I agree you have the right to say them and post them on your own blog.

Absolutely. I like and respect others opinions. What I do not like is when somebody gets in my face or challenges me in a confrontational way.

My motto is "Agree to disagree". I am an intelligent person, let me find things out on my own. Don't shove your ideas down my throat. The proof is in the pudding.

It is like the TV mud slinging all over again. I dropped cable a long time ago but I remember it well. It was like they were in grade school.

Keep on , keeping on!

Cheyenne said...

Peruby ~ I appreciate your honesty and I thank you for your input. But I was wondering what part of my post you disagree with.

My husband and I agree to disagree every day. We think alike, and yet we don't.

I have made some powerful statements over my life but it seems as I get older, they are happening more and more.

Peruby said...

Cheyenne,

Nothing major. I like our current leader (over the alternatives).

I believe our country was founded on freedom of religion without persecution (not just Christianity). That just happened to be the forefathers religion of choice at that time, but they were escaping a tyranny that was not letting them practice their beliefs.