Sunday, October 07, 2012

A Full Day Of Sports

The pork roast is in the slow cooker making it that much easier for me to get dinner together tonight.  I can't be slowed down on a day such as this.  Too much going on for me as far as sports are concerned.

My main focus of the day will be the Good Sam Club 500 being run at the Talladega Speedway.  This is the fourth race of the Chase for the championship.  This is what is considered a plate track.  This is where Dale Jr. shines best.  Granted, his last few years of racing at this track proved fruitless; however, this year he is focused and on top of his game, so hopefully he will race well today.

While the race is being run, the NY Giants will do battle with the Cleveland Browns who are currently 0 and 4.  I will not let that sway my thinking and lull me into the fact that the Giants will win this game...those Browns may awaken from a deep sleep and trounce my beloved Giants.  Let's hope not.

Later this afternoon, Peyton Manning and the Denver Broncos will do battle against the New England Patriots.  No, I am not a Broncos fan, per se, but I am a fan of Peyton Manning's.  I am hoping to see him stage a huge comeback this year since his neck surgeries kept him out of football last year.  He has had his ups and downs so far this year and I am hoping it will soon turn to all ups.

So there you have it...quite a busy day for me.  A day of a lot of channel flipping.  I've done it before, I can do it again today.

Three out of three wins for Dale Earnhardt, Jr., Eli Manning and Peyton Manning would make my day. 

*********************************************************************************
UPDATE:
Dale Jr. got wiped out along with 20 plus other drivers on the last lap and did not finish the race.  His championship hopes have gone up in smoke no doubt.

Peyton Manning and the Broncos lost their game to the New England Patriots.

Eli Manning and the Giants won their game against the Cleveland Browns.

SO I went one out of three.  Those are lousy odds wouldn't you say?

4 comments:

Peruby said...

I don't know. How was the roast? :)

Jim said...

Hi Cheyenne ~~ I didn't know about Dale and the 20 until tonight's news showed it. Wow! What a crash! Then I thought of you! ;)

But mine isn't over, tonight we have our Texans playing the Jets. So far we are ahead but not by as far as I predicted. Crossing my fingers might help?
..

Cheyenne said...

Peruby ~ The roast was fantastic as usual. Pork loin is my favorite. And it's all gone already.

Cheyenne said...

Jim ~ That crash was horrendous. Dale Jr. said if that's the way they would race every week he would quit and find another job.

Congrats on your Texans' win over the Jets. Your team is doing quite well this year.