Anybody remember that slogan?
I am up to here with things to do and don't have the gumption to do them. I have no excuse, the severe heat is gone and it's currently 47° which, of course, is much too cold for me. But then again, it is 12:45am as I type this.
And, yes, I am complaining. It seems that's all I ever do these days. I am getting tired of hearing myself complain, that's how bad it is. Anyway, like I said, I have so many things to do I don't know where to start. By the time I get finished with a lot of my routine morning things...that is if I even get up early enough to consider it being morning...I can't seem to find the time to do the necessary things.
My morning, ahem...mid-morning begins by feeding the cats inside. That's before I even go out to the rest of the house. They are fed in the laundry room which is right off of the bathroom. Once they are fed and their potties are cleaned, my next step is to feed the cats outside and that is done in the kitchen. I usually have dried cat food mixed with water that has softened which I add a can of wet food to it, and then I heat that in the microwave since cats outside prefer warm food. And since I am not a mouser and also I cannot outrun a mole, they get warmed food from me. It's the least I can do for them.
Before I come back inside I fetch the paper. I cannot start my day without reading an actual newspaper. A lot of people have given up their newspapers and get their news elsewhere but I am not ready for that yet, although I do read a lot online and catch mostly old news on TV. That's one thing nice about getting news online...it is fresher than what is on TV.
While I am reading the newspaper I usually have my first cup of coffee. I live on that stuff all day long and it's difficult to not be able to start the day with it. I eat breakfast when I get hungry or there is the occasional morning when I make breakfast for husband and I eat with him despite the fact that I am not hungry yet. That doesn't happen too often. I like to eat when I am hungry, not just because it's time to eat.
Boy, did I go off course with this. Back to the basics. Back to what needs to be done. I have curtains to iron and hang on the new round curtain rod with fancy balls on the ends that we put up yesterday. It replaces two traverse rods. Very old traverse rods...they were here when we moved in over 20 years ago. I have kitchen curtains to iron and hang. And then there is the usual housework...something I detest. Who invented housework anyway? And who said the women had to do it? The only housework I like doing is laundry. I have no idea why, I just enjoy doing it.
But for now? It's time to go to bed and start all over in the morning. Or is that mid-morning?
3 comments:
I read somewhere that laundry soap is an aphrodisiac! Women are doomed from the start! :)
Iron curtains? Really? I have not seen my iron in years. LOL!
Peruby ~ The curtains for both rooms are new and quite wrinkled. I will wear wrinkled clothing before I will hang wrinkled curtains. lol
My iron hasn't seen the light of day in years either. I bought one of those German irons a few months before I lost my job because back then I did iron certain clothes for work.
You are preaching to the choir here - but I'm not really sure I like laundry either!! I don't know how I used to get so many things done. I just don't want to do anything anymore!
Post a Comment