Monday, April 29, 2013

Lost

Is it any wonder I have lost readers.  I should be ashamed of myself for not writing more often.  It's not because I don't have the time...I do.  I have plenty of time.  I just don't know what to write about these days.

Spring has arrived.  But as of now we are having damp, dreary weather accompanied by rain and lots more rain.  And more of the same tomorrow.  But at least it's no longer cold.  And I know warmer weather is on the horizon.

The three little kittens that were brought to our greenhouse by their momma when they were just days old are now able to walk albeit they are still a bit wobbly.  Their eyes have been open for almost a week.  They recognize my voice.  In all my years of caring for cats that come and go, these are the first kittens I have been able to watch grow.  Other times the mothers have taken their litters away and have hidden them on our property elsewhere.  This litter is being cared for by their mother and another female that had her litter but lost both kittens.  A mommy and a nanny.

Other than caring for the cats that are outside and my four fur babies inside, life goes on.  My husband and I relish the fact that neither of us has to get up to the sound of an alarm clock these days.  And on rainy days like we are having, sleeping late is wonderful.  Nowhere to go, no special place to be, and no one to nag.

All that will change once the weather gets much warmer and the sun shines almost every day.  Then we will out and about and not cooped up inside the house.

So till next time, take care, stay safe and know that I am still here thinking about all of you and feeling guilty as hell for not writing more often.

7 comments:

Peruby said...

What can we do? I go by moods. I write as the mood strikes me. I am with you. Not much to write about these days.

MarkD60 said...

I always post in the mornings with my coffee. When I can't think of anything to post, I post that I can't think of anything to post.
Wish we had some baby kittens.

Grandma K said...

The absolutely best thing about retirement is not having to go out when the weather is bad. I love that.

Sounds like these kittens will stay around more since they know you!

Jan said...

It would be great to see some pictures of the kittens. Jx

Cheyenne said...

Jan ~ I thought about taking pictures of the little ones when they were still in the greenhouse but my hands were always full with their food and water supplies. Now they were moved to a different location but since I can still see them from the patio door I might be able to get a pic or two in the coming days.

JUST A MOM said...

Ya didnt loose me I am just so sti king busy... Got fb? But here if you reply or answer I will never know... Come fb... My tgingy is on my blog on theside come find me....

Marti said...

Don't feel bad about it, we all need to take blog breaks. You didn't lose me either. I'm just not as good about checking for updates these days.

I would love to see kittens with a momma and a nanny. How cute.

I love your new blog look too.