Monday, May 20, 2013

A Little of This A Little Of That

Well, here it is Monday already.  Another week gone down the drain and hardly anything accomplished as usual.

It looks like a week of rain every day but the temperatures will be in the 80's for a couple days.  I know we need rain, but it's hard on the cats with kittens.  Speaking of them, the nanny and the mother brought the three little kittens back up to the hothouse.  They are getting big. 

There are a few races coming up that I am looking forward to:  the Coke 600, which is the longest race on the NASCAR Cup circuit, and the Indy 500.  I have been watching the qualifying for the 500, something I haven't done much in the past.  It always seemed to be boring but for some reason this year it wasn't.  All five drivers on Team Andretti made it into the top 10, with Marco Andretti, my favorite, starting on the front row in the third spot.

My latest quest was to find a good vacuum cleaner that will not only do well on my carpets but also pick up the cat hair that four cats leave on a daily basis.  Actually I started looking for one a month ago when my vacuum started playing games.  It stopped working.  It's not that old and hasn't been over used either.  I unplugged it like the manual said, waited about half an hour, plugged it in and started vacuuming again.  Only to have it stop dead once again.  I was not in the mood to wait another half hour so I unplugged it and banished it to a corner.

After researching endlessly, and driving myself more insane than I already am, I finally found what I want and it should arrive by the end of this week.  I decided to spend a lot more money than I normally do for a vacuum cleaner only because I am tired of having them crap out after a few years.

The only problem I have now is that I have no excuse not to use it.  I think I am going to enjoy vacuuming though.  That last statement is something I thought I would never admit, let alone write it down.

9 comments:

Peruby said...

I hear you. I have a vacuum graveyard in my garage. (My hoarding issue - shhhh).

MarkD60 said...

We have all tile floors, not even a broom can handle the dog hair from Sheba.

Grandma K said...

I am curious about what kind you finally got. Especially if it makes you like to vacuum!!

Cheyenne said...

Peruby ~ That is funny. Most of our old ones got thrown out when we had the basement flood issue.

Cheyenne said...

MarkD60 ~ No suggestions from me for your tile. I have carpets in every room except the bathroom.

Cheyenne said...

Grandma K ~ I had to concentrate on one for pet hair so I chose the Dyson DC40 Animal which was put together for QVC. I might have a follow-up post once I use it.

Judy said...

I have a Dyson with special pet hair pick-up power. Works great!! Go slow when you vacuum to let the suction power work.

Cheyenne said...

Judy ~ I learned about going slowly a long time ago. I just hope this one does the trick for me.

Grandma K said...

Cheyenne - please post again about your feelings about this particular vacuum!!