Sunday, May 05, 2013

Amazed

Yes, I am amazed...that some of you never heard of Craig Ferguson.  This is what Wikipedia has to say about him in just the first paragraph:

Craig Ferguson (born 17 May 1962) is a Scottish-born American television host, stand-up comedian, writer, actor, director, author, producer and voice artist. He is the host of The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson, an Emmy Award-nominated, Peabody Award-winning late-night talk show that airs on CBS. In addition to hosting that program and performing stand-up comedy, Ferguson has written two books: Between the Bridge and the River, a novel, and American on Purpose, a memoir. He became a citizen of the United States in 2008. For several years he performed as a stand-up comedian under the stage name Bing Hitler.
Before his career as a late-night television host, Ferguson was best known in the United States for his role as the office boss on The Drew Carey Show, Nigel Wick (1996–2003). He also wrote and starred in three films, directing one of them.

Does any of this ring a bell now?

I guess I just presumed everyone here in the States has heard of him, but I was wrong.  Please forgive me.

I also wrote that I felt a connection to Rod Stewart and I am going to assume, once again, that you have heard of him.    Rod's new CD will be out on Tuesday.  It is the first album of songs that he has written in 20 years.  His song writing ability came back to him as he was writing his autobiography a year ago.  I have ordered it after having listened to all the songs on this wonderful thing called the Internet and it sounds like a winner to me.

4 comments:

Grandma K said...

I am so glad Rod is doing another CD, He is so talented.

Judy said...

I have heard of and watch Craig Ferguson. I have also heard of Rod Stewart--not one of my favorites, but I know some of his songs........

Jim said...

We like Rod S, Cheyenne. Mrs. Jim likes him better than I do.

Neither of us care for Craig F. She is tiring of Letterman because he bad mouths her political friends. We both sort of like Leno.

Our ABC13 replays Inside Edition and then Millionaire at midnight. Then CBS11 has Jeapardy followed by a rerun of the local news. By then it is 2:05 and we generally are sleepy by then.

I have the white coat syndrome. My doctor says that if my BP can go up because of him then it can go up for other reasons as well.

You might like a meme or two that I do. I have different 'friends' from each one. Monday/Sunday (this one is low participation), Thursday (2 in the same blog), Friday, and Saturday are the ones I do. I like these because all except the first I can write what I please.
..
..

Ralph said...

Yeah, I've heard of Rod.
Ralph