It seems I have been misrepresenting our neighbors after reading comments on my three posts about them. Let me bring you up to speed:
First of all it may seem like I am acting like an old biddy with my nose in their business. Far from it. I do not go out of my way to make my life miserable by the things they have done since moving here two years this November. All the things I have been complaining about they put in my face on a daily basis. It cannot be avoided either.
Ever since they moved here they have not adhered to local ordinances or restrictions and have been living as if they are still residing in Aquashicola. Look it up, you'll see what I mean.
The straw that broke this camel's back with them was when I learned they were trapping our cats and taking them away. We were totally unaware of that action until earlier this year when my husband was way out back and saw the trap at the end of their property next to ours. From then on we had to watch and make sure to release any of the cats that found their way in the two traps they always set. One night I went out at 2:30am with a flashlight to check and also to spring the latch so cats could not get in. The husband apparently checked on the traps before going to work to make sure they were set and didn't check on them till late at night...so what if it rained all day and a cat sat in that rain. So what if they were hungry or scared...he did not care one iota. And there is no excuse for that. This neighborhood was peaceful till they came along. Nobody complained about cats. We have been feeding them for years seeing that they have shelter as well.
When my husband confronted him about the trapping he called my husband a liar and got so red in the face while screaming I thought we would be calling for an ambulance for the neighbor. He went on to curse something terrible and was saying things like F*** the Bible, F*** God. I finally went outside onto our deck and told my husband to walk away. There is no call for the way he ranted and raved and cursed.
His wife was standing right by him and interjecting nonsense about how the cats were pooping all over their toddler's toys. How does a cat poop on toys, or a picnic table, or anything else that doesn't have a surface they can scratch in order to cover their "duty?" If you don't understand that, you don't understand cats.
The neighbor yelled that he had trapped 22 cats since moving there. We live in a rural area with farmed fields all around us. Many of our neighbors have cats, or feed feral cats, because they understand that they will keep the mice and other vermin away. Apparently these neighbors want mice and vermin on their property.
They take all their yard waste, from dead shrubbery, dead Christmas trees, to huge limbs and branches from their trees and pile them up on their property line. That harbors mice. Cats go after mice. What did they expect would happen?
These people have no morals, no scruples, and are just a real pain in the ass and how we got blessed with them as neighbors is beyond me. So to distance myself from them I have decided to ignore them as if they don't exist ~ if that is at all possible.
Yes, I may sound angry and it's because I am. These people took a nice piece of property and turned it into a piece of sh*t. They dug up their yard to plant a garden which is okay; I have no problem with that. Maybe it's because it's on the other side of their house and I don't have to look at it. But they also dug up their yard at various places to plant sunflowers everywhere you can think of including along the street in front of their house. Really? We get asked about those sunflowers numerous times by people we know who pass by our place. Maybe some of the pictures I have posted look good but if you would see what I see you would change your mind in a hurry.
Sorry for this long post but I had to get that off my chest.
3 comments:
I apologize for my previous comment. I didn't know the story.
MarkD60 ~ I know, I should have prefaced my posts about them with an explanation as to why I get all crazy with things they do.
Not that I was looking for an apology, but I will accept yours.
I remember you posting about them catching the cats. I agree - it is none of their business. I wouldn't like them as neighbors one little bit. They don't know/understand rural living. I live in a city. We can and have had neighbors that have driven me absolutely nutty. I was so glad when they moved. Our country place has one that we are stuck with. We are lucky in that everyone else is a relative. They really are a lot more considerate, and problems can be worked out. This bozo is not a relative. He doesn't care a bit about how he treats others.
I hope mine wasn't a comment before that was anything but supportive. I know the kinds of things you are dealing with. It would be wonderful if they could decide they needed to be back in the city!
Post a Comment