I almost got through this Christmas season without having to send out any cards.
And then today three came in the mail.
Dang it.
So I went to my card supply and decided I had better reciprocate or I would feel guilty as all heck if I didn't.
I promised myself that this year would be the year that I put my foot down and would not send any cards.
I wrote two more out just to be on the safe side.
Last year I sent all of seven cards; this year I am down to five. Two friends and three relatives.
I tried to ignore the entire situation although I did purchase a box of cards a few months ago. Anytime I see Christmas cards with a cute cat or two I buy them because I am a sucker for those. Kittens get me all the time.
I have been whittling down my card list for years now and I have come to the conclusion that there is no end to it. As long as others send out cards we are kind of obligated into returning one to them.
Why do I feel so guilty if I don't send one back? What will happen if I don't?
For years now I thought the art of card sending/swapping was a silly thing to do. You send me one, I'll send you one and vice-versa. We have come too far into the 21st century to be doing such an inane thing as sending out Christmas cards.
The funny thing is, you can send them to people year after year and then one year you don't send certain people any and the following year you don't get one from them either. See what I mean? Silly.
2 comments:
I send to people out of state that I don't see during the year--old friends--just to see if they are still alive, I guess. Then I make personalized ones on the computer for my grandchildren. I love getting Christmas cards!!!
You're like me.
Post a Comment