Saturday, December 06, 2014

Nasty Day Today

Cold, damp, dreary...and lots of rain all day.  The kind of days I detest.  It's these days where I like to stay home, curl up with my book, and stay nice and cozy.


But we had to go out today...there is a thing called returning items for credit.  We had to take a second item back to the hardware store because when the plumber was here, he hooked us up with some good stuff for our tub and shower and what we bought at the store was not needed.  It wouldn't have worked either.


Since we were out and about today, I decided to try and make a day of it so we went to one of the pet stores I like to visit.  I walked into the store with nothing in particular in mind to purchase and left there with almost $40 worth of things, mostly food for the indoor and outdoor cats.  I got away fairly cheap this time because whenever I go into that particular pet store the cost is always much higher than that.


The kind of weather we are experiencing today wreaks havoc on my body.  When I tell you just about everything aches, I mean everything aches.  My knees and legs have started acting up within the past month and I don't know why.  Someone said I need more potassium in my system because my muscles are not working as they should in the lower extremities.  So I loaded up on almonds (an ounce per day), bananas, and potatoes for baking...one of my favorite foods to eat.  I know there are more potassium-rich foods out there and I will research that later when I have more time.


Tomorrow is Sunday.  That means football.  Yay!

1 comment:

Judy said...

Magnesium also helps with the aches. and I fully understand what "everything aches"means.