No, it doesn't...and that is how warm it is going to be on Christmas Day for our area. And I must not forget about all the rain that is coming either. As if Christmas isn't a downer in the first place, then we get slathered with rain and warmth instead of cold and snow.
My husband is patiently waiting for that white stuff. His truck and plow are waiting alongside the garage all ready to go. I keep telling him that because he bought that truck we won't have any snow this year. He gets mad when I say that.
So here we are finally. Christmas week. It will go fast. The day will go faster yet. And then there will be Friday. My daughter and her fiancé will be here that day and we will celebrate Christmas together.
Let's back up and talk about Christmas being a downer up there in that first paragraph. I don't mean a downer as in being depressed or anything like that. What I mean is when people reach a certain age and don't have any grandchildren there really isn't anything to get excited about, is there? That is what I mean.
Christmas comes and Christmas goes and so it goes. Just another holiday for the rich to get richer and the poor to get poorer. But the little ones sure have a helluva time, don't they?
2 comments:
Yes, one of my favorite Christmas songs "Christmas was meant for children"
You're right, if he bought a snow plow, it won't snow.
Post a Comment