
- Kraft To Scale Down Valley Plant (The processed cheese production line is being split up amongst three out-of-state plants. Yesterday it was candy, today it's cheese; what next?)
- Valley Air Is No Longer On The Side Of Caution (Major cause? All those outsiders that came here for so-called cheaper housing from neighboring states. They settle in our territory and then proceed to tell us what to do. And it is a major hub for drugs etc. So, yeah, we have pollution of all kinds.)
- Home Equity Loan ~ Rates As Low As 6.19%. (And on the next page is Get A Great Money Market Savings Rate At 4.75%. Not really a headline, but I would like to know why it costs more when the money is going into others' pockets and less than when it goes into our pockets? No wonder young families can't/won't/don't have any savings.)
- New Standards For School Snacks Would Limit Calories, Fat (OK, where the hell were they when I was in school? Maybe I wouldn't be battling my weight all my life. And maybe I could sue them now? hmmmmmm.......)
- The View To Lose Sharpest Tongue (All right, let's get real here. I never liked that program before Rosie was on or when she was on. Although I must admit I did catch some glimpses while she was on. I never could understand why she was always talking when I peeked a little. I mean, who died and left her boss? I know, because of her they gained more viewers and their ratings went up.)
- New Agere Parent Reports Disappointing Profit (Well boo hoo, too bad so sad ~ greedy buyers should dwell in their own crap. All they do is eventually cause monopolies, not to mention those huge salaries they pay to their CEOs. So go cry elsewhere 'cause you ain't gettin' no pity here.)
- On a good note, my Mets are doing me proud again this year trying to stay on top of the heap in their division. The Braves keep nipping at their heels though, and I can only hope that they get incentive from that.
- And finally...
The person who robbed our house ten years ago next month, and who has been in and out of jail since for the same thing, was recently denied parole. He is once again eligible this July. Maybe I will write a post about what happened way back then when he decided to invade our domain. No, I am still not over it because to this day I still take all kinds of precautions. - And one more thing...we knew it was coming, so why were we all so dang upset (me included) when Jeff Gordon tied Dale Earnhardt Sr. for all-time victories? I'm as guilty as all the other Earnhardt fans. Human nature I suppose. Yeah, I'm over it now. So let's move on.
I am very opinionated and will argue a point to the nth degree. I tend to want to get to the bottom of things, so I push the envelope beyond what is expected.
Friday, April 27, 2007
Picking Apart My Newspaper...Again
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Ok, are you trying to stir up trouble?
In Texas we have had 'New Standards For School Snacks Would Limit Calories, Fat', etc. for a couple of years now.
Tony Stewart is blasting away at NASCAR. I thought the one YELLOW is saw for debris was unwarrented.
Why don't you guys move down here. The air is clean in Montgomery, no industry whatsoever. We have gently hills and lots of trees, with a lot of rural homesteads available yet. Or live in a gated community like we do. Our friend built a huge metal garage behind a 12-foot steel wire fence for his cars and playing, up the road from here.
..
Karen's '82 (or so) Pine Wood Derby Racer is on my blog this morning. It was a winner. See JIM'S LITTLE BLOG, at http://jimmiehov.blogspot.com/.
..
I still think that was a hell of a cool tribute to Ironhead.
Jim, the last thing I want to do is stir up trouble. Got enough of those babies hanging around, don't need no more.
I love Tony Stewart, he can no wrong in my or my husband's eyes. NASCAR is becoming too politcally correct and that's not what it was founded on.
I once was going to move to Texas but it never came to fruition. Too late now.
Tiredawg, well so do I...now. Once Junior put the seal of approval on it and I learned more about it, I came over to the other side. At first I thought it was like an "in your face" jab from the Hendrick team. And you know how I feel about them.
Post a Comment