Monday, July 16, 2007

Monday Morning Blues

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I can understand the sadness of those poor unforunate fools who have to go to work every day. If I remember correctly, Mondays are the worst. I absolutely hated Mondays. As a matter of fact, I can't even nicely describe what I thought of Mondays when I worked. I used the worst X-rated words you can imagine...get the picture? And that usually started Sunday evenings already.

So, now that I don't have to "work for the man" anymore, why is it that I still have that slightly sad feeling Monday mornings? It doesn't last long ~ once I get into my routine ~ and soon I'm happy and upbeat. I count my blessings every day that I don't have to work.

As a matter of fact, this is how I would feel Sunday evenings:

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

The thing is, all my working life, deep in the back of my mind I resented having to work for someone else. I would have much preferred to have my own business. Or perhaps it would have been nice to have been born to rich parents, so that if I wanted to work for my own self-satisfaction, then I could have done so at any time I desired.

Over the course of my working days, I have had eight different jobs in the secretarial field. Three of those places went out of business while I was there. Somewhere in between those eight jobs, I went to tractor/trailer school and graduated. I fully expected to get a job driving. That dream just never came to fruition. And to buy my own truck...well, I just didn't have the money at that time in my life.

And so as you read this, perhaps on a Monday morning, and if you work for the man because you have no other choice, then know that I really feel bad for you. And know that I'm a happy camper 'cause I don't have to work. I just wish I were a whole helluva lot younger!
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

7 comments:

Tiredawg said...

I don't work for the man, I work for the Dawg!!! Well all right the Wifey and Tire Pups too.

Rachel said...

I know what you mean about the Monday going back to work thing! Seems the weekends always went too darn fast!!

Oscar T. Grouch said...

Mondays are XXXX.


Tony Tony Tony, can I say Tony!!!!!!!!!

Cheyenne said...

Tiredawg ~ It's nice when you can call your own shots and not have someone looking over your shoulder, isn't it?

Cheyenne said...

Rachel ~ Well, the weekends haven't slowed down any since then though. Although it seems they are slower, Monday is here before one knows it, too.

Cheyenne said...

Oscar ~ Yes, you can say Tony, Tony, Tony all you want. We're big fans of his, too.

Oscar T. Grouch said...

sorry Cheyanne
North of the border we do celcius for temperature.

so 30 degrees celcius equals
86 degrees farenheit
that means with the sun baking off the pavement at the fair and the rides and the heat it will be about 90 your temp. hot for mom and two little kids.

There is a cascar race at Edmonton this weekend. They were profiled on the news today with the vendors there. SOmeone had the complete line of Juniors diecasts for sale and of couse Seniors signed ones as well. I wondered if you had ever finished your collection.