I will be getting it done at a diagnostic center (sounds like I'm getting it done at a garage - maybe I should ask for an oil change while I'm at it), in the hospital. And this is what I will see when the nurse comes at me with her ginormous needle:

I absolutely detest needles of any kind. But there are some things in life that we must put up with in order to make other people happy. I could do without any of this needle business, and I am only doing it because I was asked almost a year ago. Yup, this procrastinator held off as long as she could.
Since the hospital is right next door to where my husband is currently undergoing therapy, we are making things easier by combining both. Because I must fast 12 hours prior, the appointment for my husband had to be made as early as possible so I don't end up wanting to kill everyone in sight due to hunger pangs. I didn't have to make an appointment because where I am going is a walk-in site, no appointment necessary. I will be meeting Dracula right after the therapy session, which should be around 9 am.
I guess I really don't mind needles as long as I don't have to look at them while they are doing their dirty work. I am just glad I have come this far in facing my fear of them. There used to be a time when I had to be tricked if anyone wanted to jab me with a needle. And then they had to make sure they could outrun me.
5 comments:
Good luck today Cheyenne. I am the same way 'bout needles. Now if we were talking about getting tattooed, I am first to be there in the chair. Last one to show up to doctors office. LOL
you are a procrastinator too? My doc has been after me for about 6 months, THIS YEAR, for me to do my bloodwork. I ahve to fast too, and well I guess I will do it sometime. I hate the needles too, but like you said, not too bad if you don't look....good luck with that bloodwork!
Tiredawg ~ some day you are going to have to show all of us all your tattoos.
I just hope the results are good after what I went through today. Not a happy camper here.
Well my avatar is one of them, the rest are well from wrist to back!!!
Post a Comment