Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Whew! Glad That's Over with



Actually the tax man didn't get one red cent from us this year. And that's a first. We are getting everything back that was withheld over the year. It's not exactly a refund per se. We are just getting back what we shouldn't have paid in the first place. Too bad we can't charge them interest. It's their fault, not ours. Oh well, live and learn. I e-filed this past Sunday, two days ahead of schedule.

Actually I had our taxes all figured out months ago. But I can't break my record and get them done early now, can I? That's how I always felt other years only because we always had to pay in. So you would think if we are getting money back this year that I would want to get them done early and out of the way. Nope. Not my style. Once a procrastinator always a procrastinator. And I don't make any excuses for being one either. I sort of like that title. And believe me, it fits me well. And I wear it well. And I'm damn proud of it.

And on top of all this we get a stimulus rebate from the government. That's a joke, really. But, hey, if it's free, it's for me and I'll take all the money I can get when they're giving it away.

Now I can sit back and relax...till next year when the nasty taxman comes a knockin' once again. I hope y'all had an easier time of it than I did. Well, that's a lie too because I did have an easy time of it. So much so I can hardly wait till next year. *cough* *cough*

9 comments:

Tiredawg said...

Props to you, thank God I have an accountant!!! Unless they are on a car or part of racing stats, numbers confuse me!!! LOL

Ralph said...

Ours are done but it wasn't pretty. Between taxes and filling the car up with gas. . . well, you get the idea,
Ralph

Cheyenne said...

I have always wanted an accountant but that would be redundant since I am the official accountant of this household. I didn't take the job, it was given to me. lol

Cheyenne said...

Ralph ~ Taxes are never pretty, are they? Unless you get something back.
Yeah, gas, that's a whole 'nother thing.

Rachel said...

I get our taxes out of the way as early as possible. Our little refund has long since been gotten and spent!

I like this new picture of Jr. you have up. It makes reading your blog so much easier!

Oscar T. Grouch said...

great work Cheyeene. Glad you are getting your own money back.

Cheyenne said...

Rachel ~ If I did my taxes as early as possible the whole nation would suffer an earthquake. Actually I did have them done fairly early but dragged my feet when it came to filing them.

Cheyenne said...

Rachel ~ Oops, I forgot to tell you that my main concern is to have a photo of Junior so my blog is readable. It has been a problem. I must download my photo software so I can play with the photos and not have light areas where the print goes. Just another thing I am procrastinating about...

Cheyenne said...

Oscar ~ We are quite glad too. At first I thought we lost all of it till I started reading things. And that paid off big time.