Seriously folks, did you really think I was going to do all that transferring stuff by myself?
I unhooked everything and a friend of my husband's worked his magic. First he stripped the crap off the new computer tower, then he transferred everything for me over to the new one.
I could have hooked back up last night but I needed to clean the dust bunnies from all the wires behind the desk, not to mention disentangling them. And I didn't want to rush things knowing full well that I have a very short fuse and it doesn't take much to ignite it.
Once I got everything cleaned up this morning, it didn't take long to connect everything. The biggest hurdle was getting connected to the Internet. I managed, but don't ask me how.
Now I have to figure out how this Windows 7 works. It's a huge difference from XP, and I don't think I will know what I am doing for a long time to come. Hell, I don't even know the basics but somehow I will figure things out. I'm very stubborn that way...to figure things out on my own.
8 comments:
Stubborn, figuring things out on my own - me too. I have not worked with seven yet.
Well, I was thinking about getting another computer but you may have have talked me out of it with that Windows 7 versus XP comment.
Ralph
Glad you didn't stay gone long! I have to admit I am a little jealous of your new baby! I am sure you can get familiar with 7 easily.
Well, that sure didn't take you long at all! I like this new picture of Jr. that you have!
Peruby ~ I am totally not liking 7 but there isn't much choice, and we have to march along with progress. I hate it that Microsoft did not incorporate an e-mail system in 7 either. Not nice at all.
Ralph ~ I had no choice but to get a new computer as mine was 8 years old and so bogged down that even my DSL hookup was like dial up at times. The guy that worked on it to transfer files said the old one was on its very last legs, or leg probably.
7 is just a matter of getting used to, and I know it's difficult for us older folk to do that but I am just as determined and thickheaded to understand it all.
Grandma K ~ Yes, even the one day I was away from my connection was like really weird. I went to bed earlier than usual and my cats were confused because they are used to my schedule.
Rachel ~ I wasn't too sure how long I'd be away because I have never worked with the guy that changed things around for me. At least now I know where to go when I have trouble. He always tells me, phone calls are free.
I like that picture of Junior too. I have a new photoshop-type thingy on here too that I have to check out because there are some things I want to do for future pictures on this blog. It's difficult finding pictures without white due to my font color.
Post a Comment