Sunday, January 03, 2010

A New Year, A New Decade

What can I say about 2009...not much except that my sports teams all sucked. Starting with Dale Earnhardt Jr. and the #88 team. And the NY Mets. And the NY Giants. And the San Francisco 49ers. I can only hope they all do better, especially that #88 team. Dale Jr. is far overdue for a good year. It won't be long before Daytona is upon us.

2009 wasn't so bad for us personally, we've had far much worse years than that one. 2010 sounds so new, so crisp, so hip. I can't wait to see what it brings to the table. I like even years.

I have been having computer problems for the past few days and I really thought it was going to puke. Whatever it was has left the building and I am back to the way things were before it was invaded, which wasn't all that great. Needless to say I now have strong thoughts about replacing this computer. It was eight years old last November. I have Windows XP. I never wanted any part of Vista and now that Windows 7 is finally here, I will start to look around to see what's available.

We are currently experiencing a deep freeze in this part of the country. With the wind-chill factor, the temperature is in the single digits and it makes me very crabby to say the least. I hate cold weather. And anything below 60 degrees is cold. January cannot get out of my life fast enough to suit me.

Do you hear those cats meowing from a prior post of mine? They are driving me crazy, so I turn the speakers off. I don't know how to stop them and I guess I will just have to post more often so they get off this page.

One of my Christmas presents to myself was a camera. With an attached 20x zoom lens. I can't wait to start playing with it, but right now I have too many other things I'm involved in and can't find the time to figure out how to use it. But I will eventually.

It's time to wrap this up, get to bed, and dream about warmer days.

2 comments:

Peruby said...

I know what you mean. With the wind chill is is -5 degrees F. here in Ohio.

Since I have increased my canine family I get a lot more "fresh air". As if that is a good thing.

Good luck with the new camera. Looking forward to pics.

Jim said...

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

Yes, Cheyenne, anything under 60 is cool. And for people, young too!
I have Vista on this computer and love it. My HP with XP laptop crashed so I don't have a choice.
..