Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Latest Crop

I have nothing to write about so I thought I would post pictures of theses kittens. They belong to our outside cat, Spring. That thing they are playing on is a huge light standard like you find in parking lots. It is where they live. The sun was very bright and kind of washes them out.

These pictures aren't the best because I used a zoom lens. I could never get this close to this pair. They come up to the greenhouse to eat but run when I go out to feed them.
When I first saw them I gave them the names of Pepper (black and white) and Ginger (red and white). It turns out that Ginger is a male, so now we call him Gin. We haven't ascertained what Pepper is yet but that name is good for either sex.

The other kitten we have is younger than those two and belongs to Stumpy. Stumpy is the daughter of Spring and is two years old. We call her Stumpy because she has half a tail. She was either born that way or lost it in an accident. Her mother kept them in a weird place after they were born and the rim was sharp so we are thinking maybe it got sliced off while she was taking them in and out of her nest.

I am really surprised that this is the extent of our kitten crop this year so far. If there are more, they are being well hidden till the time is right to bring them up to the house for food. Time will tell.


No comments: