I decided to get the Ultimate Grilled Chicken Sandwich. It was the lesser of all evils. Little did I know what evil lurked in that sandwich. This is what it looks like in their ads:

I would have been happier than a pig in sh*t had it looked like that. I cannot explain what the meat in my sandwich looked like other than these rawhide pig ears for dogs to chew:

No lie...it was flat, same color, very hard and very dry, and had a crust that was not easy to bite a piece off let alone chew it. And do you see that red thing peeking out from under the bun in the first photo? Yeah, that's a tomato. According to their website there are supposed to be one to two pieces of tomato on that sandwich. Mine had none.
For some dumb stupid reason, I ate the damn sandwich. What I should have done was take it back to the counter and asked for a replacement. Grilled chicken is supposed to be plump and moist, not to mention edible. I did say to my husband that I wished I had a camera phone, or at the very least a camera with me. I felt like I was lost in space and I still can't believe I accepted that thing and ate it without so much as a whimper other than complaining to my husband about it. I mean, I have more sense than that. I'm not afraid to complain about other things. But this time, it was almost as if I was under some sort of spell or something.
I have no idea if it was their idea of a joke just to see how far it would go or if they had it laying around and passed it off to me because I looked like the type that wouldn't complain about it. I really don't know. But someone sure as hell saw me coming and decided they needed to have a good laugh at my expense.
Needless to say my husband contacted the corporate office and complained. He didn't really get anywhere either. We will repay them by never stepping inside that particular store again. And another thing, I have had issues with girls that have red hair and pigtails ever since the 2nd grade.
1 comment:
OH, man! That stinks. I get great chicken sandwiches there. That pig ear thing is disgusting. Sorry you had a bad experience. Maybe give another one(place) a try when you are ready. I've been known to ban an establishment for years because of similar issues.
Post a Comment