Sunday, June 06, 2010

One Day I'll Learn

I really need to stop watching these NASCAR races. I keep watching them telling myself before every race that this time things might be different. And sometimes during the race things do look different. But not for long. Something usually happens and all hope is lost. Today's race at Pocono was no different than the others.

At one point Dale Jr. was running in the 10th position. Along comes a caution or two and suddenly he is in the 26th position. What did I miss? Why do I bother?

And you know what? I am seriously thinking about not watching them anymore. Between NASCAR throwing cautions for mysterious debris on the track and Dale Jr.'s crew chief, I don't know which is worse.

Those debris cautions? I swear NASCAR calls them toward the end of the races so the cars can then bunch up again because they get stretched out and that makes for a boring race. Well, I've got news for them...the races are boring no matter what they do.

I guess we can concede that racing at Pocono makes for a very long day and a very boring race. I know, I've said that already, but to me the most interesting thing that happened today was the wild crash at the end on the last lap. Dale Jr. made it through and you would think he would have finished higher than he did (18th), but NASCAR has this dumb rule that when there is an accident on the last lap the field gets frozen. At the moment of the crash, basically, that is where those crashed cars will also finish in the race, no matter who goes around them and crosses the finish line. That is ignorant, I am sorry.

I just wish I could wise up and find something else to do when there is a Sprint Cup race on. I say that every week and still I get sucked into it anyway.

No comments: