I have no idea how hot it was outside but it sure as heck was hot on the inside. 80 degrees hot. My husband was trading out air conditioners yesterday. The poor cats were awake most of the day because there was no place that was cool for them so they could sleep.
We had to purchase a new air conditioner for the family room because the one that was in there was doing weird stuff after 15 years of use. The weird stuff being black sootballs that it blew back into the room. When we turned it on at the beginning of the season we didn't realize it was not doing its job properly. We kept a large bucket on the outside for the water to drip into and that just wasn't happening this year. But it took us this long to realize that. Hey, we're busy people. OK, that's a joke.
So when my husband starting getting dizzy only when he was in that room and nowhere else, it was time to try and figure out just what was causing that to happen to him. After many days of scratching our heads and me getting tired of hearing him ask, I wonder if something in this room is causing this? I told him maybe it was the air conditioner causing it. It was the last thing left to blame. Also, all three of our cats were sneezing and for the most part when a cat sneezes it usually has an upper respiratory infection. And I knew none of them had that.
When we took the air conditioner apart we could see that the water had stayed inside and the black sootballs were actually a form of mold. Any wonder it was making him goofy. Well, I should say goofy-er. But don't tell him I said that because he says I'm the goofy one in the family.
The new air conditioner is up and running and we are both quite anxious to see if what we thought was the cause of his dizziness actually was the mold from the air conditioner. If not, I don't know what else could be causing it. Everything else has been ruled out. We are keeping our fingers crossed.
No comments:
Post a Comment