Tuesday, August 02, 2011

We're Off To See The Vet Today *Updated*

Doesn't she look nice and peaceful? She won't be that way once I get her in the softside carrier and we are on our way to the vet. She will whine and caterwaul like the dickens from the time we pull out of the driveway till we walk in the door at the vet.    Once we're inside she calms down right away.

She carries on like someone is torturing her. It hurts my ears. I have no idea where she thinks she's going and what we're going to do to her. Other than the shot she will be getting, this should be a breeze for her. Where do they get the idea we are taking them to some nasty place anyway?  Like I would ever do that...or even think of it.   

And we get to do this all over again in another month when Punkin' has his appointment. But he's easy. Yes, he cries, but because of his lack of vocal cords, it's not half as bad as Dakota and her wailing.

***************************************************

We almost didn't make the vet appointment today due to Dakota not wanting to get into the carrier. I had her in but she jumped out just that quickly. And the chase was on. Her first safe place to hide is under one of the sofas and there are three of those to choose from. First it was in the family room. I pulled everything to the middle of the room and that is when she ran into the living room where there is a three-seater and two-seater. Back and forth, back and forth...till I was frazzled beyond belief.

To make a long story short I was able to corner her and get her into the carrier. But by then the appointment was less than five minutes away and it is a 10-15 minute drive to the vet. I called ahead and they weren't sure about taking us and wanted to reschedule for later this afternoon. Not wanting to go through what I did already, I talked them into taking us because I assured them we would be there within ten minutes or less. And we were. And Dakota sang all the way to the vet and then all the way home. I think she is practicing for American Idol or maybe that new show, The Voice. She'd win, hands down.

4 comments:

Grandma K said...

We load Shadow up and take him the 5-6 hours to our other place. He doesn't make a sound. Of course, now he recognizes all the preparatory movements of leaving and tried to hide, but once in the carrier ...

Marti said...

She's a beauty. The two times I have had to take the cat to the vet, he carried on like that too. But I doubt I EVER get him back in another carrier.

Marti said...

LOL, I can just see you chasing the cat and trying to get her out from under sofas. I would say poor kitty, but I'm really thinking poor Cheyenne.

Grandma K said...

In times like these, don't you wish you had absolutely no furniture in the house? After my fake knees were put in, my orthopedist specifically told me NOT to get on my knees. Shadow loves under the king sized bed. Pretty much a safe place now!