Monday, March 05, 2012

Maybe I Should Stop Reading The Newspaper

Sometimes I can get through the newspaper unscathed.  This morning wasn't one of those times.  I read a newspaper to be entertained.  I hate when I forget that's all it is:  entertainment.  And then I get all caught up in the crap that is in the paper.   

The reason for the photo on my blog?  This state, as well as the county and township I live in, only want one thing from us residents:  more taxes.  The more they take, the more we give, and the less we have to show for it.  They just keep cutting things here and there or taking important things away, but they think nothing of sending millions of our dollars into projects like a hockey arena to be the home of a minor league team smack dab in the middle of town where businesses and homes were torn down to make room for it.  WTH and WTF!  All the protesting in the world could not stop that project as their mind was made up to do it whether we liked it or not.

I am so sick of being slapped with tax upon tax that it's getting to the point where I soon won't want to get out of bed to face yet another tax or stupid project that costs taxpayers more money yet again. 

We just got letters from the county for our reassessments that will raise or lower our taxes for 2013.  Right now it's a joke.  We have the right to appeal and I didn't hesitate.  They think that our taxes will be going up $1200.00 more by next year based on these new assessments.  That's their estimate so I am bracing myself for them to be higher than that.  And I have been bitching about our high taxes because they go up every year and like everything else...nothing in return.   When are they going to ask renters to pitch in with taxes?  Why should they get a free ride?   When are they going to stop taxing people who no longer have children in school?  When?  Why should I be taxed so heavily because I prefer to own my home rather than rent and give that money away to the landlord?  We are being penalized in so many ways.  Nobody cares...they just slap more taxes on the home owners.

I  honestly don't know why the people keep letting those in power get away with all the things they do...like lambs led to slaughter.  It's easy to say remember them at voting time and get them out.  The sad thing is whoever replaces them is just as bad if not worse and we slip farther yet into the mire.

I guess I know now why so many older folks say they're tired of living and just want to die.  It's a lot easier than being under the thumb of the a-holes in office -- and don't even get me started on the country's leader(s).  You won't like what I have to say about him/them.  Besides, there is not enough room here for that rant.

1 comment:

Peruby said...

My Mom became discourgaed very quickly with voting - she told me. She said they are all crooks. And never voted again.