I am not sure but I think what we just got overnight was the ninth snowstorm this season.
This latest storm brought around 6-8 inches but I just learned that it isn't done with us yet. There is more coming tonight into the morning. Coupled with what we just got they predict a total accumulation of 12-18 inches. And that's on top of what we already had from previous storms, not to mention the ice coating as well. I am beginning to wonder if we will see bare ground much before May.
And more snow is coming for the weekend...
Every time we get significant snow it is up to me to clear everything to and around the hothouse for the cats outside. They also need a path shoveled from the door to under the deck where there isn't any snow and they can at least remember what ground is.
This morning I watched two cats come out of the hothouse, stop halfway between it and the deck, put their paws on the snowbank and looked over the expanse of our back yard, thought a bit, decided that it wasn't a good idea to go there, and continued on to under the deck. Can't see as I blame them. Where would they go? They fall through the snow when they walk on it and I can only imagine that's not a good feeling for a cat.
All I can say is thank goodness for the Olympics to keep me occupied and my mind off the snow. And Friday begins the first practice sessions for the NASCAR Sprint Cup season. Yes, it's finally here. Maybe that will pull me out of the snow doldroms.

2 comments:
I thought of you today when on the news, they were telling of the Pennsylvania snow storm. We have had a total of 6 feet of snow so far--very unusual winter, but...DAYTONA is coming!!!
Oh how I wish this would end for all of you who are covered in that white stuff! My heart warms when I read about you giving such care for the outdoor cats! I can't imagine what they would be going through without you!
Post a Comment