Monday, February 03, 2014

Snow, Snow, Snow

This is what we woke up to this morning...


It is currently 31° and still snowing.  The forecast is 4-6" but it seems like we have already gone over that amount.

It's days like these that I am thankful I no longer have to drive to work in this fluffy, wet snow.  Or any kind of snow for that matter.  Or even having to drive to work in the first place.

The cats outside will have to wait until later to get fresh water and food.  If I go out now to do that they will all want to leave the hothouse and there is no place to go but into deep snow.  That would not be very kind of me so for now I will let them stay inside where it is dry and comfy.

According to meteorologists we are supposed to get more nasty weather in the next couple of days.  Since the groundhog saw its shadow, that is quite fitting.  I don't believe in that groundhog hooey because whether it sees its shadow or not we still get six more weeks of winter.

OK, back to my den of hibernation.

4 comments:

Judy said...

You can't trust those Wood Chucks!!!
We will be getting it tomorrow and Wednesday and then send it on to you and more coming this next weekend. Yes--glad I no longer have to work either--even though I was shoved out of my job a couple of years before I wanted to go--still-----retirement is nice.

Grandma K said...

Wishing you a break from the snow! Iknow you have to be quite tired of it.

When we had ice, I was soooo thankful that I was retired! It is so nice to not go out in lousy weather!

MarkD60 said...

Ya know, I don't like it when it is cloudy and doesn't rain. So if you gotta have winter, you might as well have a lot of snow.

Marti said...

As snows go, that on is a beauty. I know I'm odd, but I love snow. But I also don't have to get out in it at 5am.