Monday, April 07, 2014

Still No Sign Of Spring

Yes, my daffodils and irises are poking through the ground after a long winter's nap, but as far as warm and sunny days are concerned we haven't had any yet.

Nope, it still gets quite cold at night and we have been experiencing not only cold days but a lot of rain and wind as well.

The only thing to kind of cheer me up are my garden flags.  I changed to a snowman flag after Christmas and then Valentine's Day, St. Patrick's Day, and finally I was able to put out a flag for Spring despite the nasty weather.  About a week ago I put out an Easter flag with a bunny and eggs on it.  Once Easter is over the Spring flag will go out again until Memorial Day.

Hopefully by Easter the weather will be nicer.  I am eagerly awaiting my first Harley ride of the year and it can't come soon enough.

 

2 comments:

MarkD60 said...

Soon come!

Grandma K said...

Hope it comes sooner rather than later! I can imagine how sick of this cold you are.