Monday, December 15, 2014

Finally After 5-1/2 Years

Back in April 2009 my husband and I went to a place that sells vertical blinds.  We special ordered white linen lace for our bay window that faces the front of the house.  I was so glad because I would finally be getting rid of the special-order drapes that were hanging there.  I can't remember when they were first hung but I do know that it is longer than I care to think about.


Today I can proudly say the vertical blinds are gracing my bay window.  My husband asked me a few days ago what I wanted for Christmas. I told him I have Christmas all year round and could not give him an answer.  I am going to assume he finally decided to hang those blinds as a Christmas present for me.


And listen, I am a fantastic nagger and every once in awhile I would bring that sore subject up about those vertical blinds asking when he was going to hang them.  But it always fell on deaf ears.  I don't know how he could stand hearing it from me all the time because I was getting tired of hearing myself talk.


So Merry Christmas to me!

4 comments:

Peruby said...

There you go!

MarkD60 said...

When a man says he's going to do something, he will! There's no need to nag him every six months about it! :-)

Jan said...

What a great present... we're expecting a photo now! Jx

Judy said...

Five and a half years? You've had them five and a half years and waiting for them to be hung? You must be a Saint. I would have waited, perhaps a week and then...hung them myself! Patience is not my strong suit. Glad you finally have them up.