There are a lot of places we want to visit now that we are able to go during the week. One of them is Country Junction which is north of us, about an hour of driving through some very nice scenic country. It is located at the foot of the Pocono Mountains. Country Junction is billed as the "World's Largest General Store." It covers three acres, and there are three buildings.

Up until earlier this week, those were our plans; however, there was a fire and everything is gone. All the buildings and everything that was in them, including some animals that were in the pet shop. That is the saddest part of it all.

So I guess we will have to wait until next year to visit, as the owner stated he plans to rebuild. So much for the best laid plans...
5 comments:
I heard about and saw that on TV. I thought of you as I was hearing it. Too much blogging here.
Keep us posted, I had wanted to see it too.
..
If you and Hubby are needing a place to visit come on down to Fla. Besides it is where almost everyone goes when they retire, Homestead is only what 6 weeks away??? Then you guys can watch the tirepups while me and wifey go to the races LOL LOL LOL. Why are you laughing??? I was serious. LOL LOL LOL
Too bad it burned, but nice they are going to rebuild. Then it should be new and better than ever!
Awww the poor animals.
Wow, I was there this past summer when I was in the Poconos and at Sesame Place. I can't believe it!
Post a Comment