Wednesday, November 08, 2006

A Day In The Country

Smack dab in the middle of almost nowhere is a huge group of all kinds of stores with street lights and sidewalks and, yes, actual streets that the cars drive on. I have never seen a place like it.
L L Bean is one of my favorite stores but I was a little disappointed when I walked in noticing that it is geared toward biking, kayaking, and fishing. Very few clothes. But, hey, at least it's here now in Pennsylvania and that's something.

Ahhhhh...another one of my favorite stores: Barnes & Noble. I'm an avid reader and will read most anything just for the sake of reading. I've always been that way and will never change, unless I go blind. Perish the thought.

This is the town square. It wasn't quite finished yet. I am hoping it is by the time we go back probably sometime next week. I want to visit when it's dark because they have little white lights in all the trees lining the streets.

This is a view looking toward the mountain that this little town of shops is nestled against. There are many side streets like this one. At the end of the "town" is a huge movie theater complex that was still being worked on when we were there.

Of course our first order of business was coffee. We parked near this place but we will never, ever step foot in a Starbucks. Yes, it was one of their employees that had no sense of humor and said my husband was rude and ignorant when she called Starbucks' corporate headquarters and cost my husband his job.

Instead we got our coffee at the Red Robin.

This way of shopping is a new concept for our area. It's as if they took a whole town and just dropped it in the middle of Podunk USA. Just this one tiny little town sitting all by itself minding its own business. Almost like the days of old when you walked down Main Street in the larger cities and window shopped. But this place is so much more upscale.

Of course we will be going back. I can't wait as a matter of fact. But one store I also won't be shopping and that is Lucky Brand Jeans. We ambled on in suspecting absolutely nothing. My husband was looking at the jeans. I was looking at the price tags. $128 for a pair of jeans, what are you, nuts? We quietly left. Who the hell in their right mind pays $128 or more for a pair of jeans that look like they came from granny's ragbag?

4 comments:

Tiredawg said...

Answer to your question, anyone who has lost their minds pays that much for ANY type of blue jeans.

Cassandra said...

$128 for one pair of jeans? Even I think that's insane!

Rachel said...

I guess the rich would pay that for holey jeans that are in style these days, the kind we used to patch or put in the scrap bin!!

It does indeed look like an upscale shopping place though.

Jim said...

My Mr. Jeans friend says there are only [I can't remember, two, three?? five?] companies that make jeans.
He said most are made by Wrangler or a company owned by Wrangler. Different prices for different stores and markets. The trim is a little different.

I've never bought a Starbucks coffee either, I do drink the free samples. Maybe not any more now.
..