Wednesday, November 29, 2006

This Is Not X-Rated

I was looking through a bunch of these funny pictures when I came across this one:


Now, I don't mean to be gross or anything, but I was just wondering how they do that. What types of machinery are involved? And do they use a scrub brush? Ouch. I'm sorry, but my mind is just too fertile right now and all kinds of images are popping into my brain.

The funny thing is, that's my husband's nickname. But I can never bring myself to call him that.
And I often wonder who started calling people that were christened Richard by that name anyway. It just makes no sense. I can understand Rich or Rick, but not Dick. Someone with a sick sense of humor I suppose. And why do people name their kids one thing knowing full well that they will be calling them another?

When my husband worked he had that name on a patch on his shirt and he always got a big kick out of pointing to the name and saying "See? I'm a Dick." See what I mean about his sense of humor?

13 comments:

Tiredawg said...

How do you think Dick Trickle felt??? If I was him I would of sued my parents.

Oscar T. Grouch said...

Yup, Richard Petty's mom corrected someone once, and said if she had wanted him called that she would have called him that.

Ralph said...

Man, I almost quit reading when you were talking about a scrub brush!
Your husbands sense of humor sounds fine to me.
Ralph

Rachel said...

LOL It does leave the imagination wide open doesn't it?? I have never understood how they get Dick from Richard either, or Bob from Robert??

Imagine how the poor man named Peter Dick feels.

Cheyenne said...

Tiredawg ~ He always had the option of using Richard, Rick, or Rich. So by using Dick he was just asking for problems. Honestly, I think he used Dick on purpose.

Cheyenne said...

Oscar ~ I never knew that about Petty. Dick Petty sounds weird.

Cheyenne said...

Ralph ~ I explained about my fertile brain, didn't I?
My husband uses his sense of humor constantly on me. Makes for an otherwise dull day. He keeps me laughing.

Cheyenne said...

Rachel ~ I near split a gut when I read your Peter Dick comment.

Jim said...

It looks X-Rated to me. My kiddie filter rejected your blog today.
..

Anonymous said...

LMAO too funny and I too had the thought of Dick Trickle in my head. Oooh what I just said sounded a bit raunchy too.

I so need to go to church...

Cheyenne said...

Jim ~ Your kiddie filter? Really?

Cheyenne said...

Antonette ~ Well I guess I could go to church with you.

Sandy Hatcher-Wallace said...

My kitties thought your blog post was x-rated too...just like Jim. *LOL*
The comments were also very funny and I also don't know how they get Dick out of Richard, although I'm sure he has one. *LOL*

I'm glad you missed all that rain & snow...so did we. In fact it is getting warmer out, now that the front has moved past us.