
When I post this it will be Friday. Qualifying day. I have always looked forward to qualifications. I always hoped Junior would do well. Not until the latter part of the season has he done well. Prior to that he just frustrated the hell out of me.
When the Chase first got underway and Jimmie Johnson was in the dumper I was a happy camper. I thought, no way is he going to dig out of that hole. Yeah, right. Look where he is now. And if nothing huge happens to him, it looks like he will be the 2006 Champion. Gag.
I really thought it would be Junior's year. If he's lucky he will stay in the fifth position and maybe he'll even surprise me by moving up in the points. He has done really well these last few races; however so has everyone else. You can't get ahead of someone who's doing just a bit better than you are. There's that frustration again.
Last year Jack Roush had five of his drivers in the Chase. This year only two made it (Mark Martin and Matt Kenseth.) One is doing very well, the other one has fallen and can't get up. When Jack Roush had his little episode with his plane where he almost drowned, I uttered a prayer. When five of his drivers made the Chase, I had second thoughts. This year I was worried all his drivers would be in it again. I worried for nothing. But don't think I won't worry again next year.
The first four drivers all have a chance at winning the title. So they say. I don't believe them. As much as I don't want that Johnson fella to win it, he probably will. No longer the bridesmaid. All I can say is he is one lucky dude to come from so far behind and finish first (if he does). I hope I am wrong; you never know what can happen and stranger things have happened. All we can do is wait and see.
And when that checkered flag falls, the season will be over. I will watch the banquet on TV (which, by the way, gets worse every year) and then I will immediately start counting the days till the 2007 season starts. Just like all the other years. I hate the off season more than anything. I truly wish they would race year round. And I know Junior would agree with me.
8 comments:
So does Dawg. Since they don't we will have to make it through those eighty some-odds days. Using tapes, reruns and oh yeah of course, my slot car track!!! The Tiredawg 500.
So when does NASCAR season begin again? I don't follow it but thought it would be something that could be done year round.
Ralph
Cute kitties!!!
12 or 13 weeks without NASCAR is just asking too much of me. I think I will go into hibernation. See you in February. Oh wait, I can't do that...I have 2 little kitties to take care of.
Please tell the drivers at the banquet to speak from the heart and leave teleprompter reading to Walter Cronkite.
I'm glad for the cats. For a while there I thought you really might be going into hybernation! (or doing an engine tear-down)
I don't know who is pulling for Johnson, he must have some fans.
For sure Junior has a lot. I like him, for a price he can be my fave. I don't have any right now.
BTW, my Mustang just cost me $1473.32 for a new intake manifold and four new brakes. It would have been $1642.29 but with my senior discount and a coupon for the brakes it came down a bit.
The manifold isn't metal, it is a plastic composite and was leaking at the thermostat port. The new one has a metal port. I should have bought a speed part instead but things happened too fast.
Sorry I've been gone so long. Mema has been keeping us busy here.
..
Love your kitties! They are so cute!
Yeah, the banquet has gotten worse and worse. It's almost painful to watch. I liked it when they just spoke what was on their mind. It seems so fake with the teleprompters.
All right, what's up??? I lokked for my Sunday schollin and no post!!! You better be all right dammitt!!!
Post a Comment