Monday, November 26, 2007

I Think I Can, I Think I Can, I Think I Can

Somehow I got through my first weekend without a race. This is really bad. There are 75 days till the Budweiser Shootout on February 9th. I know I'll make it, but sometimes it seems so far away. Eleven weeks. I cannot wait to see these babies on the track:



Dale Jr. will be driving the blue National Guard #88 Chevy in the Shootout, and the green Amp Energy #88 Chevy in the Daytona 500.

****************
Every year I count backwards from the Shootout and mark one of my calendars that tells me how many days are left. Most people look forward to the Daytona 500, but my race season starts eight days earlier with the Bud Shootout and the festivities leading up to the 500 itself.

You'd think because I don't have to work that those weeks will go by slowly but I guarantee you they won't. And the older one gets, the faster they go. So no problem there. But it seems so far away. Yeah, I know I said that earlier, but it really does. For me, I think the biggest hurdle is getting through the Holidays. One down and two to go, with Christmas being the worst one. If only I could go into hibernation...

****************
The Cup banquet will be on TV this Friday (9:00 PM ESPN Classic) but Junior won't be on stage. Oh, I'll watch it, but my heart certainly won't be in it. And I do hope the show won't be as silly as last year's was. It seems they get worse every year. Who the heck writes that stuff anyway? Oh yeah, probably Brian France, no?

6 comments:

Tiredawg said...

Hang in there kiddo. We could go get some riding lawnmowers and have a race.

Oscar T. Grouch said...

I wonder if it will even be broadcast in Canada, it was not last year. Definitely weird without a race yesterday. The shootout starts the season completely.

Jim said...

When I lived in New Hampshire I found out that up there they 'freeze' the old folk for the winters. That is just as good as hybernation.

Actually they don't let them freeze, just get them cold enough to go to sleep. Then they keep them that way until Spring.
I'm glad I moved to Texas.
Do they ever do this forced 'hybernation' in Pennslyvania?
..

Cheyenne said...

Tiredawg ~ Yup, I sure could go for racing some lawnmowers...except that I don't know how to drive one. That's one job I make the husband do. But I guess I could learn.

Cheyenne said...

Oscar ~ I would think they'd broadcast in Canada since NASCAR held a race up there this year. You might get lucky.
Yeah, no race. I solved part of the problem by going away which is a luxury for me on a Sunday.

Cheyenne said...

Jim ~ No, we don't have forced hybernation around these parts. I wish. Sure would be neat to go to sleep over the winter and for me to wake up 25 lbs. lighter.